Technology in Education
The event was organised by the Gauteng Growth and Development Agency, the Orient International Exhibition (Hong Kong) Ltd and the ANC Progressive Business Form.
Co-organisers included Sino Africa International Business Development Trading (Pty) Ltd, South African Electronic Communications Association, South African Electrical and Electronic Engineering Association.
Areas of particular interest for Jil to take back to education / business communities and for discussion during learning courses on integrated learning (Jil’s ILAMM®), E-Learning Readiness® and integrating technology in learning and teaching included:
- Interactive whiteboards
- Cordless microphones
- Wireless charging pads
- Smart watches for children and the elderly, for security, monitoring and safety
- Solar charging for devices
Related technologies released after the ICEES:
- Interactive LED displays – 10 touch point as a replacement for interactive whiteboards, computers and projectors – can be used with pen, fingers and mouse, connection to other computers is via USB or wireless screen share (sizes include 65, 70, 75,80 and 86 inches) – interactive LED technology available from Fitouch
- A WeChat Question and Answer time with a representative from Fitouch, Shenzhen City, China was introduced during Jil’s ILAMM course in January 2018 at Knowledge Network in Rivonia, South Africa. Educators from various schools across South Africa were involved in the Q&A time about how the Interactive LED displays could be used in the classroom.
- The most asked question was: Can teachers from different learning areas plug in their own laptops, iPads, other tablets and devices into the interactive LED, use it as an Interactive whiteboard and screen projector and still have full touch screen functionality.